Hey everyone! My name’s Cassandra O’Connell and I’m the new print design intern at Real Art. I decided I wanted a career in the creative world when I was six years old. I drew everything within view of my drawing pad and pencil. Now, fifteen years and one BFA in Visual Communication Design from the University of Dayton later, I’m ready to live that dream and learn everything I can on the print team here at Real Art.
Here’s some stuff about me:
- I was born and raised in Cincinnati. West Side best side!
- I love banana peppers and could eat them by themselves. (Scratch that—I have eaten them by themselves.)
- I play the guitar, and my little Breedlove acoustic is like my child.
- I have two dogs. Harley is a one-eyed Miniature Schnauzer, and Wara (pronounced like Vara) is a German Shepard imported straight from Germany (she even has a passport). They’re a strange pair.
- I love all kinds of puzzles. Crossword puzzles, logic puzzles, jigsaw puzzles—you name it, I’ve done it. I’ve even been known to take the pieces from multiple jigsaw puzzles and mix them up before putting them together.
- Speaking of puzzles, if you throw me a Rubik’s cube I’ll solve it.
- I have a seven-year-old brother (well, technically he’s my half brother) who would talk for days if you’d let him.
- I love to travel, and last summer I spent a month in Cameroon (which is in West Africa, right below Nigeria). But if I had to pick, I’d definitely say that Paris is my favorite place in the world.
- My iTunes collection ranges from Benny Benassi to Biggie Smalls to Beethoven. My current musical obsession is Walk the Moon, a Cincinnati-based band (which gives me even more reason to love them).
Anyway, that’s a little about me. You can drop me a line at cassandra.oconnell [at] realartusa.com if you want. I’ll be here for the next three months and I can’t wait to get to know everyone!